Monday, September 28, 2009

ideas for fall

 

DSC07633 

October 1st is when I told the kids we’d get all the Halloween decorations out of the attic.

Trust me – it is a PLETHORA!

I’ll post photos but I have quite a collection. So I was thinking about fall and going through my files to see what ideas I had saved.

308091408_48f406a63f

 

We made these last year. Messy and not sure they were worth it. Might be good to distract the kids but I give it a 4 on a one to ten scale.

 

 

 

Picture 100

These were fun to make and easy cheesy.

I just loved Picture 101the smiley face on the turkey below!

 

 

 

 

 

spider bracelet

 

I am hoping to make these this year. They use those funky pipecleaners.

 

 

 

pumpkin

Now if only we could get below 90 degrees everyday, it might actually start to feel like fall. We organized the kids’ coat armoire yesterday- sorted out the too small Elmo hoodie and set aside the orange LLBean jacket that was still grubby from last year and needs a wash. Tried on too big big winter coats and too small winter coats. I have a stash of coats I bought at the thriftstore and I am just waiting for the prices on ebay to start going up before I list them.

C’mon Fall!

 As for Food- this is from Linda (http://www.sundrymourning.com/) and they are my go-to for fall. Teachers, coworkers, bus drivers, principals- everyone just loves these. My sister in law prefers them without the chocolate chips (scandalous!) . I use canned pumpkin and gherideli choc chips (because I buy them by the truck size bags at Sam’s). I have made the giant size, the muffin tops, the minis and all sizes in between with this recipe.

Insanely Good Pumpkin-Chocolate Muffins

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour                 1 1/4 cups sugar                    1 tbls baking powder
1/2 tsp salt                                                1 tsp ground cinnamon        1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger                            1/4 tsp ground allspice        1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 can pumpkin [ ‘regular’ size can, not the large — original recipe calls for 1 CUP]
1/2 cup milk                                            1/2 cup vegetable oil             2 tbls molasses
Some amount of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400˚ and lightly grease a 12 muffin tin (I use paper holders). Sift (I don’t) flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices together in large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil, and molasses. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix (I just do it all in 1 bowl- because I roll like that). Stir in your desired amount of chocolate chips (to taste). Fill the muffin cups 2/3s full. Bake 18-20 minutes, until tests done.

~ ~ ~

1 comment:

Joy said...

Those really were insanely good! Thanks for reminding me, and for sharing the recipe! I'll have to make them for my husband after his surgery next week. It's his year.