Wednesday, August 05, 2009

My new all time favorite bread machine bread!

 

I have been making this about twice a week. I make breadcrumbs out of the crust when it gets too hard (which I store in a jar in the freezer and Pete uses in his meatloaf) and we make french toast fingers out of whatever is left over on the weekend. This is for the large loaf size:

1 c oats (yep, raw oatmeal)

1 1/2 c water

2 Tbls butter

1/4 c honey (spray your measuring cup with pam to help w/ cleanup)

2 tsp salt

3 c flour

2 1/2 tsp yeast

opt: 3 tsp gluten (I use it because i use reg flour instead of bread flour)

Trey and Nicolas do all the measuring and pouring. This is not sweet (you would think the honey would make it sweet but it doesn’t).

I cannot wait till winter when we eat this with soup!

Deanna

No comments: