Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Corn Chowder

I found this on another blog and am glad I printed it out because the blog is no longer there to use as a reference.

Chicken Corn Chowder
1 small onion- chopped
1 lb chicken breasts- boneless, skinless, boiled and cubed, chopped or shredded
(I use leftover grilled chicken breast or leftover rotisserie)
2 14 oz cans creamed corn
1 14 oz can chicken broth (I use my own)
1.5 cups milk
4 Tbls butter
16 oz cream cheese
3 tbls pace chipotle picante sauce (I use whatever is on hand or skip)
opt- few dashes of tabasco (I probably need it since I skip the picante sauce)

In a pot melt the butter, add chopped onion. Saute on med heat for about a minute. Reduce heat to low and add cubed cream cheesse. When that melts add creamed corn, broth, milk, picante sauce and chicken. Simmer until ready to eat.
- I use full fat versions but the original recipe said you can use lower fat versions.
-I like to serve this with tortilla chips or breadmaker bread or cornbread and I garnish it with bacon. Sometimes I add cooked bacon crumbles into the soup (if there is leftovers in the fridge etc)

Deanna

No comments: